Life Lately – August and September
Well…I’m sad. It’s officially the end of the summer. I know that football season and Sooner gamedays, sweaters, and pumpkins should make up for this, but I love summer culture and memories more and more every year. I do not love the heat more and more, but if there’s any reprieve, it’s that cooler days are hopefully in sight and I can be thankful for that 🙌🏼🤷🏼♀️ August and September held a handful of fun events, but generally life has slowed down a bit from June & July. On the work-side of things, fall shoots are about to kick off in full force (celebrating with 7 seniors & couples across the state (and in TX!) next month!) + my job at OU has grown a bit and I’m taking on some new responsibilities! I’m eager to be challenged and hope that I can share some of the new opportunities on the professional development side of things too! Here are some of my August and September 2019 highlights:
- Speaking at OAR Student Employee training on how to be a brand ambassador for Go2OU! – Blog coming soon with some of my admissions & recruitment photo favorites!
- The Mont celebrations (did you guys know that club specials were only an Oklahoma thing? They’re my favorite, and I always get one at the Mont! Tried to order one on a trip recently and they had no idea what I was talking about haha)
- Cowboys/two-stepping – there’s not a whole lot I love more than getting out on the dance floor with a great two-stepper, so we made sure this happened once this summer!
- Trip to Nashville! Thank Goodness!! It was time for a visit with my two best girls and I’m so thankful for the quality time and good food. We failed and took one (terrible) photo of the three of us the whole weekend, but I got good individuals with both Aimee & Sara so I was happy!
- Last lake trip for labor day weekend!
- First 2019 game day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Finally!
- Shoots with the Delight girls, Jema’s senior photos, Cassidy & Duke engagements.
- Celebrating Kylie at her first bridal shower. Her wedding is only two months away!
- Saying goodbye to Daisy & hello to Roper! No buyers remorse here!
- A much-needed weekend at home in TX…I got to see my life-long friend Maddi who works on a cruise ship based out of Hawaii (!!!), Nicolette, and photograph my brother-in-law’s BBQ popup at Celestial Beerworks!
That’s all for now! Have a great rest of your week!
Share this post: