2017 was more than I could have dreamed of.
I moved back to Oklahoma from Nashville at the end of 2016 for a job at OU, but I also moved back for this. Building my business has transformed me personally, professionally, and spiritually. I’ve held on to it so tightly and passionately. The more I have the opportunity to shoot, the stronger my heart beats for it. I have the unique opportunity to cultivate confidence and capture the beauty in people’s lives and it is an honor.
This year, I’ve had to be careful to not love photography too much because I know that ultimately, there is nothing eternal about this business. The photos (I hope) will survive for decades, but my deep-rooted joy and purpose comes from something greater and far more satisfying – Jesus. I have been blessed with so many resources, opportunities, friendships, & support in this and it can be all too easy to lose sight of the many gifts I have in the middle of the busyness and hard work. Jesus gave me the heart for my business and he continues to provide ways for me to share his love and grace through it. That is my mission and my number one priority. Always.
With all of that said, thank. you. Those two words don’t even come close to expressing the gratitude I have for your support. You have encouraged me, sent texts, responded to gallery delivery emails with so much excitement, read the blog, commented on my Instagram posts of my latest favorites, shared my name, and more. I wouldn’t have experienced as much this year without you!
A handful of highlights:
- Shooting my last group of girls that were in the Theta house with me when I was in school!
- My trip to Nashville in May and the epic headshots Aimee & I got to take at the Natchez Trace bridge!
- Shooting not one but TWO full weddings this year! Ahhhh! Thank you for trusting me with the biggest day of your lives!
- The Katelyn James Workshop Experience – I still cannot believe I got to go to Virginia, sit in her living room, and meet so many dear friends!
- Getting to go to NYC to shoot my cousin’s proposal! What in the world!!! What a dream. And then I had a proposal a month the last six months of the year! I THRIVED!!!!
- My favorite holiday! Always a highlight!
- The best trips to Washington D.C. & ATL with my little!
- Will & Breana’s proposal – this one has been featured on How He Asked & was named one of the TOP Proposals of 2017 on THE KNOT! And their engagements are up there in one of my all-time favorite shoots ever!
- Hosting Steve Moakler in my backyard. What. I still cannot believe that happened.
- Working consistently this year with my girls Lindsey & Holly. They are my favorites and I truly love and admire both of them more than I can put into words. They share their passions and their lives so openly & it is beautiful!!!
- Shooting at all of the OU Football home games for Go2OU – it gives me LIFE you guys. I wouldn’t trade those Saturdays for anything.
I am eager to jump in to this next year with an open mind but also a bit more structure. Here are a couple of changes & reminders I’d like to share:
- I specialize in portraits, engagements, & proposals! I will not be booking full weddings, events, or new families in 2018.
- I’m rebranding! Ahhhhhh! New website and logo coming soon!
- During the busy season (March – May & September – November) I book 6-8 weeks out. Last minute requests cannot always be accommodated so it’s always better to think ahead and shoot me a note so that we have some flexibility with scheduling!
With all of this said, you are truly the best. I am forever grateful and am so looking forward to all the the new year brings! Enjoy some of my FAVORITE images from 2017 below!