These are a few of my favorite things!
A few months ago, I was challenged to write down a list of things that “fire me up”. Of course, the first things I thought of were pretty predictable – OU Football & Skinny Pop Popcorn. But I wanted to go beyond those surface-level things and get more into the nitty-gritty things…the things you may only know or find out about me if we’ve spent some time together. These are the things that I just get jazzed about, sometimes without even realizing it or noticing. So here’s my ever-growing list of my favorite things in life! Do we have any of these in common?
- Hearing a song that resonates with my current situation or season of life.
- THE FOURTH OF JULY. BEST HOLIDAY EVER.
- Receiving a thoughtful gift (especially if it’s from someone I love!)
- Cozying up on the couch in my barefoot dreams blanket, a cup of tea or my dinner, and having shows to catch up on on the DVR (SURVIVOR!!!!!!)
- A really good sunset over the lake or over an open field.
- A well-proportioned bowl at Chipotle – you know what I’m talking about! When all the ratios are just right!
- Being so obsessed with photos I took of clients that I want to make them the background on my own phone.
- Fresh flowers (specifically from The Flower Shop!)
- Driving around Norman at golden hour in the summer, windows down, blasting country music.
- Being home alone to recharge. (Shoutout to my introverts!)
- Getting to do my favorite Nashville things – eating at The Pharmacy, Jeni’s, finding a skyline view!
- Opening a brand new bag of Skinny Pop.
- Drinking out of a new cute coffee mug for the first few times.
- Being surprised! I LOVE surprises!
- Dancing with a really good two-stepper. You can’t have a bad time with a good dancer!
- Merlot on a Friday night.
- Lindt dark chocolate.
- Leaving a great workout at OrangeTheory Moore. Especially when it’s Coach Kyle!!! You know you have to bring your A-game in his class!
- Wearing a new outfit for the first time!
- Intentional conversations and quality time with someone important to me.
- Walking around the OU campus when the weather is nice & everything is green!
- Drinking coffee in bed during my quiet time in the mornings.
- The feeling of accomplishment after completing a project on my own without a man’s help.
- Having a man to help on a project 🙂 Especially when it’s something like cleaning out my storm shelter of bugs at the start of the spring season…NEVER. AGAIN.
- A fresh haircut or blowout.
- Bright rooms with a lot of natural light and windows.
- Last but not least – when my whole family is TOGETHER! Our “goofy” photos are some of my favorites!
Share this post: