Life Lately – June and July
Hi! It’s been an amazing summer. There is something about the warm weather, great country music, driving around with the windows down, being downtown at sunset, the ease of throwing on a t-shirt and flip-flops and running out the door, spending time at the lake, battling the mosquitos, sitting out on a patio with a drink, and more that just make me feel like I am the best version of myself. I’ve been really thankful to have a “slower” summer than what I was anticipating – a few shoots here and there, but I’ve filled my time with new friends, hanging out outside, going on runs, first dates, and being by the pool and lake as much as possible. I really haven’t had to be anywhere other than where I wanted to be! Here are a few of my June & July highlights:
- Quick day trip to Tulsa for some quality time with Mallory, Katie, and a mini session with Madison!
- Happiness Begins came out and hasn’t been off of repeat ever since. Also, when was the last time you bought a physical CD? I got this for free with my JB ticket purchase and had some major nostalgia opening it up and looking through the cover.
- Spending time with Katie & Jonathan, Mary-Turner & Tyler, and Vikki & Terry for photoshoots!
- Uhm…met Lincoln Riley? That was pretty darn cool!
Ollie pop was ready for his close up! Sweetest client & new friends, Mary-Turner & Tyler, brought me a gift basket to our shoot! Unreal!!! This was so thoughtful.
- Spent the weekend before the Fourth of July at the lake (recap HERE!!) The community puts on fireworks, and they chose to do them early this year which just meant that I got to celebrate a whole lot longer than normal!
- I shared about something pretty vulnerable for the first time. And in the spirit of continuing that conversation and being open & honest, I’ve been on a handful of first dates this summer too. I took the first five months of the year off from the dating scene and now that I’m back in it, it’s exhausting and frustrating and discouraging and weird and I can’t say that I enjoy a whole lot of it. Single ladies – where you at? Why is this so difficult? I don’t know that I’m totally ready for this haha.
- Hollywood Corners with Kylie after she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids!!! Bring on November!
- Tried out Stitch in OKC with Claire – it’s a new favorite! So versatile and perfect for any day of the week.
- All Day Frosé at The Jones Assembly – this was probably a highlight for sure!
- The Yard & Crossings volleyball with Holly & Keeley
- 2 more lake trips – thank you Jesus for sunshine and family time.
- Getting to work with our OU tour guides is one of my FAVORITE things about my job. They are unbeatable.
- Drove to Tulsa/Owasso/Bartlesville/Owasso/Bartlesville/Tulsa and BACK one weekend for Zack & Julia’s proposal + to catch up with two of my best friends! WORTH IT!!!!!
Love you guys! Thank you for being here!!
Share this post: