Tulsa Family Photographer | Spring 2021 Mini Sessions
Tulsa Family Photographer | Spring 2021 Family Mini Sessions
A few weeks ago we hosted my first ever spring Tulsa Family mini sessions and it was a BLAST! There were a couple different places in Tulsa I wanted to shoot that were all within about 5 minutes of each other, so I planned the sessions in a way that would allow us to photograph families in all four spots! Jonathan came with me and of course was the best assistant, helper, cheerleader, driver, and crazy-noise maker for the little ones! I love that as we photograph more and more MFP families, we learn something new with each session. A lot of these takeaways are helpful for both me as the photographer AND my clients! I’m sharing these tidbits to help prepare future clients as they plan for their Tulsa family photos! Read on for this season’s biggest lessons!
Tips for your Tulsa Family Photos
- Let the kids be kids, and let me lead the way! I’ll focus on getting their attention, all I need you to do is smile at me or be loving on them!
- Show up with full bellies and positive attitudes! Avoid scheduling a session too close to bedtime, and make sure any tiffs are settled before getting out of the car.
- Just roll with the punches – if we have any tears or unhappy kiddos, we’ll either work through it OR we can give them a little play break if needed before coming back to the camera. Sometimes all they need is a little alone time! I am flexible and will photograph your other children or you and your spouse during that time!
- Bring M&Ms, gummy bears, and other snack foods or treats – these are GREAT to give them in-between shots! Give those kiddos a little celebratory treat every few minutes to keep their focus!
- Stick with mini sessions for kids 4/5 and under. Most toddlers and babies only have a few minutes of bandwidth, so let’s make it a really fun 10-15 minutes and call it good!
- Offer a reward for the end of the session – an ice cream date, pizza, or a trip to the playground!
All of these tips and MORE are included in my family guide I share with MFP family clients, so don’t fret if you’re worried about remembering everything! I’ll guide you each step of the way leading up to your session.
Book your Tulsa family photographer or Bartlesville family photos for remaining June, July, and August dates by contacting me! The next round of minis will take place in Bartlesville in early October, so keep in touch on Instagram for an announcement later this year!
Sara & Dodger
Share this post: