Spring 2021 OU Senior Photo Dates – Melanie Foster Photography
My first senior season was seven years ago. I was a junior at OU, and felt more confident that I probably should have. Regardless, it was the first piece of the puzzle that fell into place as I worked to get MFP off the ground through college!
More than 125 seniors later and here we are! Two major moves haven’t stopped me from my first love – photographing OU graduation photos on campus. We just get to be more strategic about it 🙂 Every year, booking begins earlier and earlier. This year, my first senior of the spring 2021 season booked over a full year out! After a few more followed, we went ahead and set our schedule in place. This is the first time I’ve ever ANNOUNCED my senior dates, which makes it all-the-more exciting! And YOU get first pick!
I fully recognize that there is nothing easy about planning ahead right now. All of the regulations, changes, varying degrees of restrictions…I am trying to finalize plans for my own wedding and have found myself totally frozen several times in the last few months as we tried to nail down details and commit. I know this year’s incoming seniors are probably feeling a lot of the same things…I can’t imagine thinking ahead to graduation in May when there is so much up in the air and so much conversation surrounding how long students will even be on campus for.
But here’s what I do know: you’ve earned your degree. You’ve made dear life-long friends. You’ve spent countless hours at the Bizz. You’ve celebrated birthdays at The Mont. You’ve sat in hot bleachers in Oklahoma Memorial Stadium cheering on Heisman Trophy winners and finalists. You’re going to be a Sooner forever. And it will never again feel the way it feels right now. If this is your last year as an undergraduate student, you have a chance to celebrate in the most fun, tangible, and memorable way. Let’s go out with a bang!
To inquire about one of these spots, fill out my contact form and share more! These senior dates will remain open to inquires until officially booked. To be fair to everyone trying to plan for their shoot, the first ready to book with a submitted contract & deposit is the first to secure the date.
Spring 2021 OU Graduation Photo Date Availability:
Friday, April 9
Saturday, April 10
Wednesday, April 28
Thursday, April 29
Tuesday, May 11
Wednesday, May 12
Bonus options: if you’re ready to book sooner or want to take advantage of fall photos, I have two spots available on October 8 and October 9.
A couple things to consider:
- Tulips – the last 3 years, OU has not planted the South Oval tulips. (I know – I am still salty about it) We cannot plan for them given their inconsistent history, but don’t fret! There are so many campus nooks and hidden gems to make up for it!
- Color – early April dates tend to be less green, but you’re likely to have more blooms and color. Late April and early May dates typically see more lush and full greenery.
- Graduation announcements & sharing – if you book a late April or early May date, I’ve got you covered. You are guaranteed to have a handful of images to choose from in time for your graduation announcements & social media posts!
- Weather makeups – we all know how crazy the Oklahoma weather can be in the spring. I have reserved time slots for reschedules in the event that there is severe weather or storms. We can chat in more detail about this closer to time!
- Possibility of plans changing – y’all. We in a pandemic! Lord knows what is going to happen. If you want to shoot your senior photos early, considering booking one of my October Norman dates. I have two spots left!
- Timing – I book my shoots between 4:45 – 6:45PM. If you will have evening classes, consider the weekend dates or May dates.
Share this post: